Monday 2 June 1975
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sally Newmarch and Dontae Jones.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Thank God I'm A Country Boy by John Denver.
In UK Stand By Your Man by Tammy Wynette was in the top 5 hits.
The Wicker Man, directed by Robin Hardy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Bermuda Triangle by Charles Berlitz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ein echter Wiener geht nicht unter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gun Fight or Gun Fight.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1975!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1975 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Sally Newmarch: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Dontae Jones: American basketball player: forward, Knicks.
- Salvatore Scibona: American author.
- Gisle Torvik: Norwegian guitarist.
- Eisaku Sato: Premier of Japan (1964-71 Nobel 1974), dies at 74.
- 1st time snow fell in London in June
- James A Healy, 1st black Roman Catholic bishop, consecrated (Maine)
- VP Rockefeller finds no pattern of illegal activities at CIA
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Denver - Thank God I'm A Country Boy
- America - Sister Golden Hair
- Ace - How Long
- Grand Funk - Bad Time
- Chicago - Old Days
- Linda Ronstadt - When Will I Be Loved
- Freddy Fender - Before The Next Teardrop Falls
- Jessi Colter - I'm Not Lisa
- Major Harris - Love Won't Let Me Wait
- Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?