Tuesday 24 June 1975
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marek Malík and Carla Gallo.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Will Keep Us Together by The Captain and Tennille.
In UK Whispering Grass by Windsor Davies & Don Estelle was in the top 5 hits.
Anita: Swedish Nymphet, directed by Torgny Wickman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Massacre At Fall Creek by Jessamyn West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ein echter Wiener geht nicht unter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Destruction Derby or Jet Fighter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1975!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 24 June 1975 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Marek Malík: Czech ice hockey player.
- Carla Gallo: American actress.
- Nick Woodman: Entrepreneur.
- Christie Rampone: Soccer Player.
- Federico Pucciariello: Argentine-born Italian rugby player.
- Jennifer Moore: American missing 13-year old school girl who disappeared when she went to buy ice cream at the mall after school on 4/13/1989.
- Marek Malik: Czech ice hockey player.
- Eastern 727 crashes at JFK Airport NY, kills 113
- Moon tremor perceived (hit by Taurid meteors)
- Eastern Airlines Boeing 727 crashes at JFK Airport in New York, kills 113.
- An Eastern Air Lines Boeing 727 crashes at John F. Kennedy Airport, New York. 113 people die.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Captain and Tennille - Love Will Keep Us Together
- Linda Ronstadt - When Will I Be Loved
- Michael Murphey - Wildfire
- Jessi Colter - I'm Not Lisa
- Major Harris - Love Won't Let Me Wait
- Van McCoy - The Hustle
- Wings - Listen To What The Man Said
- Joe Simon - Get Down, Get Down (Get On The Floor)
- Pilot - Magic
- AWB - Cut The Cake
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?