Sunday 30 October 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Innes and Dale Dawkins.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to 96 Tears by ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians.
In UK Distant Drums by Jim Reeves was in the top 5 hits.
Manos: The Hands of Fate, directed by Harold P. Warren, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vendetta.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1966!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1966 ?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Herbert
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Saturninus
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Scott Innes: American voice actor.
- Dale Dawkins: American athlete, pro-football for the New York Jets, he was wide receiver for four seasons beginning in 1990.
- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi : Jordanian terrorist (d. 2006).
- Yorgos Theotokas: Greek novelist (Born 1906).
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Las Cruces Ladies Golf Open
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 October 1966
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee
- Herman's Hermits - Dandy
- Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted
- Tommy Roe - Hooray For Hazel
- The Rolling Stones - Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow
- Eric Burdon and the Animals - See See Rider
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?