Friday 31 May 1996
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Normani Hamilton and Ava Lane.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
In UK Fastlove by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
The Rock, directed by Michael Bay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Green Mile, Part 2: The Mouse on the Mile by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Si Doel anak sekolahan.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Batman Forever: The Arcade Game or Donkey Kong Land 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1996!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1996 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
Famous Birthdays:31 May
- Elsbeary Hobbs: Singer, dies at 59.
- Timothy Francis Leary: Harvard professor/LSD guru, dies of cancer at age 75 (born 1920).
- Neela Sanjiva Reddy: President of India (1977-82), dies.
- Peter Gordon Dorrell: archaeologist/photographer, dies at age 68.
- Colin Morris: playwright/documentary filmmaker, dies at age 80.
- Timothy Leary: American professor, guru of the 1960's drug culture who coined the phrase, "Turn on, tune in, drop out." Well ahead of his time, he was fired from Harvard for his controlled experiments with psychedelic drugs. Arrested 29 times, he was imprisoned in 1970 for two years and was eventually paroled in 1976. President Richard Nixon once called him "the most dangerous man in America."
- Mark Van Thillo and Abigail Alling, former biospherian win $100,000 lawsuit against Biospheric Development for Space Biospheres Ventures.
- June ndash Iraq disarmament crisis: As Iraq continues to refuse inspectors access to a number of sites, the U.S. fails in its attempt to build support for military action against Iraq in the UN Security Council.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 May 1996
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- SWV - You're The One
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- George Michael - Fastlove
- Whitney Houston - Count On Me
- MC Lyte - Keep On, Keepin' On
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?