Friday May 31, 1996
US date format: 5/31/1996, UK date format: 31/5/1996
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 31, 1996). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Normani Kordei and Normani Hamilton.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
In UK Three Lions by Baddiel & Skinner and The Lightning Seeds was in the top 5 hits.
A Summer's Tale, directed by Éric Rohmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while Rush Limbaugh Is a Big Fat Idiot by Al Franken was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hum Dono.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cheesy or Resident Evil.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 31, 1996?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- See more
- Mark Van Thillo and Abigail Alling, former biospherian win $100,000 lawsuit against Biospheric Development for Space Biospheres Ventures.
- June ndash Iraq disarmament crisis: As Iraq continues to refuse inspectors access to a number of sites, the U.S. fails in its attempt to build support for military action against Iraq in the UN Security Council.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 31, 1996?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Baddiel & Skinner and The Lightning Seeds - Three Lions
- Fugees - Killing Me Softly
- Peter Andre featuring Bubbler Ranx - Mysterious Girl
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
Top #10 R&B songs
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- SWV - You're The One
- MC Lyte Featuring Xscape - Keep On, Keepin' On (From "Sunset Park")
- Jodeci - Get On Up
- Case Featuring Foxxy Brown - Touch Me Tease Me (From "The Nutty Professor")
- Joe - All The Things (Your Man Won't Do) (From "Don't Be A Menace...")
- Junior M.A.F.I.A. Featuring The Notorious B.I.G. - Get Money
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Total - Kissin' You
- R. Kelly Featuring Ronald Isley - Down Low (Nobody Has To Know)
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 31If May 31, 1996 is your birthday you're 24 years, 4 months old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 1 day.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on May 31, 1996?
On May 31, 1996 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is May 31, 1996?
On May 31, 1996 the zodiac sign was Gemini.
Who was the US President on May 31, 1996?
On May 31, 1996 the US President was Bill Clinton (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on May 31, 1996?
On May 31, 1996 the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on May 31, 1996?
On May 31, 1996 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on May 31, 1996?
On May 31, 1996 several famous people were born including, Normani Kordei, Normani Hamilton, Ava Lane.
Which famous people died on May 31, 1996?
Famous people died on May 31, 1996 include, Timothy Leary, Elsbeary Hobbs, Timothy Francis Leary.
What was the number one song in May 31, 1996?
The number one song in the week of May 31, 1996 was Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony in US and Three Lions by Baddiel & Skinner and The Lightning Seeds in UK.
What were the top hits on May 31, 1996?
The top hits on May 31, 1996 were Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey, Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion in US and Three Lions by Baddiel & Skinner and The Lightning Seeds, Killing Me Softly by Fugees, Mysterious Girl by Peter Andre featuring Bubbler Ranx in UK.