Saturday 25 May 1996
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
In UK Fastlove by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
DragonHeart, directed by Rob Cohen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Green Mile, Part 2: The Mouse on the Mile by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Saturday Live.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Frantic Flea or Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1996!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1996 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 May
- Buck: Dog (Married with Children), dies at 13.
- David W Howe: Test pilot, dies at 77.
- Laurence Marks: Journalist, dies at 67.
- Bernard Charles Sendall: deputy director general of ITA, dies at age 83.
- Enid Kathleen Hutchinson: adult educationalist, dies at age 86.
- Jennifer Maria Holsten, 18, crowned Miss Filipino-American.
- Buck, dog (TV show Married with Children), dies at age 13.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- SWV - You're The One
- Whitney Houston - Count On Me
- 1,2,3,4 (Sumptin' New) - Coolio
- Gin Blossoms - Follow You Down
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 25 May 1996
- Chicago Bulls - Orlando Magic : 86 - 67
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao - Vallecano : 3 - 1
- Ath Madrid - Albacete : 2 - 0
- Celta - Valencia : 1 - 1
- Espanol - Compostela : 0 - 0
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Kalamata - Apollon : 3 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?