Friday 24 May 1996
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Matthew Eappen and Carter Reynolds.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
In UK Fastlove by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
DragonHeart, directed by Rob Cohen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while Shadows Of The Empire by Steve Perry was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Klub NLO.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Air Gallet or Tomb Raider.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1996!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1996 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Matthew Eappen: American baby who died 2/09/1997 shortly before 11:00 AM, allegedly killed by Louise Woodward, an English teenager who was caring for him.
- Carter Reynolds: Vine Star.
- Racingcatz : YouTube Star.
- Harry Campion: statistician, dies at age 91.
- Alexander Langsdorf: physicist, dies at age 83.
- Jacob R Druckman: American composer, dies at age 67 (born 1928).
- Enrique Alvarez Felix: Mexican actor (Born 1934).
- John Abbott: Canadian lawyer and politician 3rd Prime Minister of Canada (d. 1893).
- Spy Hard, starring Leslie Nielsen is released
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- SWV - You're The One
- Whitney Houston - Count On Me
- 1,2,3,4 (Sumptin' New) - Coolio
- Gin Blossoms - Follow You Down
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?