March 1904 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in March 1904.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on March 1904: find out below
Which were the important events of March 1904?
- 03 Mar 1904 Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany becomes the first person to make a sound recording of a political document, using Thomas Edison's phonograph cylinder.
- 11 Mar 1904 Stanley Cup: Ottawa Silver 7 sweep Brandon Wheat Kings in two games.
- 12 Mar 1904 Andrew Carnegie establishes Carnegie Hero Fund.
- 13 Mar 1904 Bronze statue of Christ on Argentine-Chilian border dedicated.
- 26 Mar 1904 80,000 demonstrators gather in Hyde Park, London, to protest against the importation of Chinese labourers to South Africa by the British government.
- 31 Mar 1904 British expedition to Tibet ampndash Battle of Guru: British troops under Colonel Francis Younghusband defeat ill-equipped Tibetan troops.
American writer and leading authority...
German Nazi SS chief under Himmler, one...
Psychologist (Skinner Box), dies of...
- See more