Monday 21 March 1904
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nikolaos Skalkottas and Forrest Mars Sr.
while Sir Mortimer by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 21 March 1904 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Nikolaos Skalkottas: Greek composer (d. 1949).
- Forrest Mars Sr: American candymaker (d. 1999).
- Jehane Benoit: Canadian culinary author (d. 1987).
- Bernard Schmetz: French fencer who won a gold, silver and bronze medal at three different Olympic Games in the team épée.
- Jehane Benoît: Canadian journalist and author (d. 1987).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?