Sunday 1 April 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bobby Jordan in Harrison and Diana Vandenberg.
Safety Last!, directed by Fred Neymeyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1923!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1923 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Bobby Jordan in Harrison: New York, USA; actor (Bowery Champs, Kid Dynamite, Flying Wild).
- Diana Vandenberg: Dutch painter who did paintings of astrological inspiration and whose later work was surrealistic.
- Don Butterfield: American tuba player (Born 1923).
- Leora Dana: Actress (Amityville II, Change of Habit), dies at 60.
- Bobby Jordan: Actor (Dead End Kids), dies of sclerosis of liver at 42.
- First sound short films shown in New York's Rivoli Theatre.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 April 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Who Did You Fool, After All? - Nora Bayes
- Aggravatin' Papa - Marion Harris
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?