Sunday 1 April 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Safety Last!, directed by Fred Neymeyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1923!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1923 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Don Butterfield: American tuba player (Born 1923).
- Leora Dana: Actress (Amityville II, Change of Habit), dies at 60.
- Bobby Jordan in Harrison: New York, USA; actor (Bowery Champs, Kid Dynamite, Flying Wild).
- Bobby Jordan: Actor (Dead End Kids), dies of sclerosis of liver at 42.
- Diana Vandenberg: Dutch painter who did paintings of astrological inspiration and whose later work was surrealistic.
- First sound short films shown in New York's Rivoli Theatre.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Aggravatin' Papa - Marion Harris
- Who Did You Fool, After All? - Nora Bayes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?