Tuesday 17 April 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Drakula halála, directed by Kroly Lajthay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1923!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1923 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Lloyd Biggle Jr: United States -- Sci-fi author (Silence is Deadly).
- Norman Potter: Cabinetmaker designer / writer.
- Harry Reasoner in Dakota City: Iowa, USA; newscaster (60 Minutes, ABC, CBS).
- Etienne Bally: French Olympian, a track and field athlete, he participated in the the 1948 Olympics in London and again in the 1952 games in Helsinki.
- Lon McCallister: American actor who received his first big break in "Stage Door Canteen," 1941, going on to star in "Home in Indiana," 1944.
- Harry Reasoner: American journalist and news anchor, one of the original anchors on the popular TV news shows, "60 Minutes."
- Lindsay Anderson: Indian-English actor director and screenwriter (d. 1994)
- Solly Hemus: American baseball player coach and manager
- Neville McNamara: Australian air marshal (d. 2014)
- Gianni Raimondi: Italian tenor and actor (d. 2008)
- Longest NL opening game, Phillies and Dodgers tie 5-5 in 14
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Carolina in the Morning - American Quartet
- Rose of the Rio Grande - Marion Harris
- You Tell Her - I Stutter - Van & Schenck
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?