Saturday 9 April 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cynthia Nixon in New York City and Oliver Barnett.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to (You're My) Soul And Inspiration by The Righteous Brothers.
In UK Somebody Help Me by The Spencer Davis Group was in the top 5 hits.
Fantômas, directed by Andr Hunebelle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Intercontinental Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1966!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1966 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Cynthia Nixon in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Addams Family Values, The Pelican Brief).
- Oliver Barnett: NFL defensive end (San Francisco 49ers).
- Cynthia Nixon: TV Actress.
- John Hammond: English weather forecaster.
- Sutan Sjahrir: premier of Indonesia (1945-47), dies at age 57.
- Sophia Loren marries married Carlo Ponti in Paris
- Anaheim Stadium for the California Angels opens.
- Norwich City F.C. captain Barry Butler is killed in a car accident.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 April 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man
- B.J. Thomas - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Sure Gonna Miss Her
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?