Thursday 1 August 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Blind Man's Sacrifice, directed by Giuseppe de Liguoro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1912!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1912 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Brian Keith-Lucas: Political Scientist.
- Masaya Hanai: Businessamn.
- Andr? Faller: Mulhouse EXecutives.
- Rachel Baes: Belgian surrealist painter.
- Gego : German-Venezuelan sculptor and academic (d. 1994).
- Henry Jones: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Actor (Phyllis, Falcon Crest, Gun Shy)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1912 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Oh Mr. Dream Man (Please Let Me Dream Some More) - Ada Jones
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?