Friday 1 August 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1930 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Karoly Grosz: Politician.
- Lionel Bart [Begleiter]: English composer (Oliver!).
- Pierre Bourdieu: French sociologist and educator; a lecturer in Algeria, Paris and in Lille since 1959, where he was Director of Studies.
- Geoffrey Holder: Brazilian dancer, actor, choreographer and director whose dance debut was in 1942.
- Lawrenc Eagleburger: Milwaukee Politician.
- Jacques Louvet: Montreuil EXecutives
- Lawrence Eagleburger: American diplomat and politician he served as senior foreign policy expert to US Presidents for over 40 years. He began his diplomatic service in 1940, retiring in 1984.In 1989 he was persuaded to return to government where he was asked to take over duties as deputy secretary of state. He served President George H.W. Bush as Secretary of State from December 8, 1992 to January 20, 1993, when the Bush Presidency ended.
- Lionel Bart: English composer (Oliver!) (Born 1930)
- Julie Bovasso: Brooklyn, New York -- Actress (Willie & Phil, Just Me & You)
- Károly Grósz: Hungarian politician 51st Prime Minister of Hungary (d. 1996)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?