Friday 1 August 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Full House, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1952 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Zoran ?in?ic: Prime Minister of Serbia (d. 2003).
- Zoran Đinđić: Serbian philosopher and politician 6th Prime Minister of Serbia (d. 2003).
- Yajurvindra Singh: Former Indian cricketer.
- Zoran Djindjic: Bosnian politician, Prime Minister who survived an assassination attempt on 2/21/2003, 9:20 AM MET, Belgrade.
- Brian Patrick Clarke in Gettysburg: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Merle - Eight is Enough).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?