Monday 1 August 1921
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Experience, directed by George Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1921.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1921 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Danilo Nannini: Italian entrepreneur, the founder of a food industry.
- Jack Kramer: American tennis champion and tennis promoter, a star player in the late 1940s who rivaled Bobby Riggs, Pancho Gonzales and Pancho Segura in the men's singles ranking.
- Vic Marshall: Chemist.
- Pat McDonald: Australian actress (d. 1990).
- John Kramer: Las Vegas sports Champions.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1921 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Cherie - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Love Sends a Little Gift of Roses - Reinald Werrenrath
- I Used to Love You, but It's All Over Now - Frank Crumit
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?