Tuesday 2 August 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ira Progoff and Simone Valère.
Experience, directed by George Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1921 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Ira Progoff: American author and doctor of psychology.
- Simone Valère: French actress who appeared in more than forty films from 1941 to 1993.
- Simone Valere: Paris 10éme Actor.
- Louis Chambon: Arles physician.
- Jean Coursaget: Confolens physician.
- Enrico Caruso: Italian opera singer with a brilliant voice, world known as one of the greatest tenors in history.
- Chicago jury brings in not guilty verdict against the Black Sox
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 August 1921
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1921 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Cherie - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Love Sends a Little Gift of Roses - Reinald Werrenrath
- I Used to Love You, but It's All Over Now - Frank Crumit
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?