Friday 19 August 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philip A Potter and Gene Roddenberry.
Experience, directed by George Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1921.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1921 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Philip A Potter: Dominica -- Secretary General World council of Churches.
- Gene Roddenberry: American writer best known for creating the TV series "Star Trek" which ran on NBC from its debut on 9/08/1966 for three years, 78 episodes.
- Pierre Buser: Strasbourg physician.
- Ty Cobb, is 4th to get 3,000 hits
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Ain't We Got Fun? - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- Van & Schenck - Ain't We got Fun?
- Peggy O'Neil - Billy Jones
- My Man (Mon Homme) - Aileen Stanley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?