Monday 1 February 1915
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Birth of a Nation, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1915!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1915 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Maurice Guido: French aviator, a fighter pilot in World War II who fought in the Normandie Niemen regiment.
- Umberto Busani: Italian soccer player.
- Stanley Matthews: English footballer and manager (d. 2000).
- Alicia Rhett: American actress and painter (d. 2014).
- Philippe Peschaud: French officer from the 2nd Armored Division, who died on 8 May 2006 in Paris.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Poor Pauline - Arthur Fields
- Chinatown, My Chinatown - Grace Kerns & John Barnes Wells
- He's a Rag Picker - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?