Monday 1 February 1915
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Birth of a Nation, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1915!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1915 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Maurice Guido: French aviator, a fighter pilot in World War II who fought in the Normandie Niemen regiment.
- Umberto Busani: Italian soccer player.
- Stanley Matthews: English footballer and manager (d. 2000).
- Alicia Rhett: American actress and painter (d. 2014).
- Philippe Peschaud: French officer from the 2nd Armored Division, who died on 8 May 2006 in Paris.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Chinatown, My Chinatown - Grace Kerns & John Barnes Wells
- He's a Rag Picker - Peerless Quartet
- Poor Pauline - Arthur Fields
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1915?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 February 1915 and get them!