Tuesday 23 February 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Der Hund von Baskerville, directed by Rudolf Meinert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1915!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1915 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Paul Tibbets: American military piilot who became known in WWII for commanding and piloting the Enola Gay, the plane which dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan on August 6, 1945.
- Jon Hall: American actor and director (d. 1979).
- Heinrich Schirmbeck: German author (Das Spiegellabyrinth).
- Robert Smalls Reconstruction congressman: dies at age 75 in South Carolina.
- Germany sinks US ships Carib and Evelyn and torpedoes Norwegian ship Regin.
- Nevada enforces convenient divorce law.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When the Grown-Up Ladies Act Like Babies (I've Got to Love 'Em, That's All) - Billy Murray
- Underneath the Japanese Moon - Irving Kaufman
- When You're Wearing the Ball and Chain - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1915?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 February 1915 and get them!