Sunday 1 February 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ken Oliver .
Die Insel der Seligen, directed by Max Reinhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1914!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1914 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Ken Oliver: British jump racing horse trainer; the most successful trainer of jumpers ever to have been based in Scotland.
- Pennsylvania State Board of [motion picture] Censors appointed.
- Tanganyika Railway opens.
- New York Giants and Chicago White Sox play an exhibition baseball game in Egypt.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1914 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Peg O' My Heart - Walter Van Brunt
- When It's Apple Blossom time in Normandy - Harry Macdonough & Marguerite Dunlap
- If We Were On Our Honeymoon - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison
- The Girl I Left Behind Me - Columbia Stellar Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?