Wednesday 1 November 1989
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Glam&Gore and Milan Amin-Smith.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Listen To Your Heart by Roxette.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Henry V, directed by Kenneth Branagh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Clear And Present Danger by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bonne espérance.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Darius II or Gigandes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1989!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1989 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
Famous Birthdays:01 November
- Les Miserables, opens at Curran Theatre, San Francisco
- Scandinavian Airlines System bans smoking on many flights.
- President of Nicaragua ends a cease-fire with U.S.-backed ''contras'' that had been in effect since April 1988.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 November 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roxette - Listen To Your Heart
- New Kids On The Block - Cover Girl
- Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
- Tears For Fears - Sowing The Seeds Of Love
- Bad English - When I See You Smile
- Aerosmith - Love In An Elevator
- Bobby Brown - Rock Wit'cha
- Mötley Crüe - Dr. Feelgood
- Paula Abdul - (It's Just) The Way That You Love Me
- The B-52's - Love Shack
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?