Wednesday 22 November 1989
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Smalling and Candice Glover.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Blame It On The Rain by Milli Vanilli.
In UK All Around The World by Lisa Stansfield was in the top 5 hits.
Back to the Future Part II, directed by Robert Zemeckis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Dark Half by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Staggering Stories of Ferdinand De Bargos.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bruce Lee Lives or Conflict.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1989!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1989 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Chris Smalling: Soccer Player.
- Candice Glover: R&B Singer.
- Minehiro Kinomoto: Japanese actor.
- Gabriel Torje: Romanian footballer.
- Valerie Weigmann: German-Filipino model and actress Miss World Philippines 2014.
- Anish Sood: Indian DJ and producer
- Aneta Kreglicka of Poland, 24, crowned 39th Miss World
- US 63rd manned space mission STS 33 (Discovery 9) launches into orbit
- Kirby Pucket signs record US$3 million per year (for three years) Minnesota Twins' contract.
- The Mirage hotel and casino opens in Las Vegas, Nevada. On the opening night, Elmer Sherwin wins US$4.6 million on a Megabucks spin. About 200,000 people attend the opening.
- Eastern Airlines pilots and flight attendants end their strike, but most are not rehired.
- Conjunction of Venus, Mars, Uranus, Neptune, Saturn and the Moon.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 November 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Milli Vanilli - Blame It On The Rain
- Bad English - When I See You Smile
- The B-52's - Love Shack
- Paula Abdul - (It's Just) The Way That You Love Me
- Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire
- Richard Marx - Angelia
- Alice Cooper - Poison
- Soul II Soul - Back To Life
- Linda Ronstadt - Don't Know Much
- Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?