Wednesday 15 November 1989
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to When I See You Smile by Bad English.
In UK All Around The World by Lisa Stansfield was in the top 5 hits.
Back to the Future Part II, directed by Robert Zemeckis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Dark Half by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1989!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1989 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Tim Corcoran: American acrobat.
- Jonalyn Viray: Filipino singer and actress.
- Xavier Mercier: French young prodigy for his knowledge and memory.
- Batman is released on video tape
- Few Good Men opens at Music Box Theater NYC for 497 performances
- Bret Saberhagen wins AL Cy Young Award
- Walter Davis (Denver) begins NBA free throw streak of 53 games
- Lech Walesa, leader of Poland's Solidarity movement, addresses a Joint session of the United States Congress.
- Six Jesuit priests—among them Ignacio Ellacuría, Segundo Montes, and Ignacio Martín-Baró—their housekeeper, and her teenage daughter, are murdered by U.S. trained Salvadoran soldiers. For more information see Murdered scholars of UCA
- South African President F.W. de Klerk announces the scrapping of the Separate Amenities Act.
- UNESCO adopts the Seville Statement on Violence at the 25th session of its General Conference.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire
- Bad English - When I See You Smile
- Milli Vanilli - Blame It On The Rain
- Roxette - Listen To Your Heart
- The B-52's - Love Shack
- Paula Abdul - (It's Just) The Way That You Love Me
- Soul II Soul - Back To Life
- Richard Marx - Angelia
- Alice Cooper - Poison
- New Kids On The Block - Didn't I (Blow Your Mind)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 November 1989 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?