Thursday 9 November 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Baptiste Giabiconi and Kyle Rudolph.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to When I See You Smile by Bad English.
In UK All Around The World by Lisa Stansfield was in the top 5 hits.
The Little Mermaid, directed by Ron Clements, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Dark Half by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Staggering Stories of Ferdinand De Bargos.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing All Dogs Go To Heaven or Final Fight.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1989!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1989 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
Famous Birthdays:09 November
- East Berlin opens its borders
- Cold War: Fall of the Berlin Wall. Communist-controlled East Germany opens checkpoints in the Berlin Wall allowing its citizens to travel to West Germany. This key event led to the eventual reunification of East and West Germany.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 November 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bad English - When I See You Smile
- Roxette - Listen To Your Heart
- New Kids On The Block - Cover Girl
- Milli Vanilli - Blame It On The Rain
- Paula Abdul - (It's Just) The Way That You Love Me
- The B-52's - Love Shack
- Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
- Tears For Fears - Sowing The Seeds Of Love
- New Kids On The Block - Didn't I (Blow Your Mind)
- Bobby Brown - Rock Wit'cha
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?