Wednesday 2 July 2003
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Olivia Kay .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to This Is The Night by Clay Aiken.
In UK Bring Me To Life by Evanescence was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Boys II, directed by Michael Bay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Beach House by James Patterson, Peter de Jonge was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bruce Lee: Return of the Legend or Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 2003!
Which were the important events of 2 July 2003 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Silvio Berlusconi, Prime Minister of Italy, insults German MP Martin Schulz by calling him a ''kapo'' during a session of the European Parliament.
- SARS is declared to be contained by WHO.
- A double suicide bombing at a Moscow rock concert kills the attackers and 15 other people.
- The European Parliament approves two laws that regulate the selling of genetically modified food in the EU territory, requiring labelling of all GM products (products with more than 0.9% genetically modified parts) and allowing member states to separate GM food and non-GM food and crops.
- There are reports of the discovery of a possible new type of subatomic particle, a pentaquark.
- The results of a Royal Commission on renewing the relationship between Canada and the province of Newfoundland and Labrador is released.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 July 2003
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Evanescence - Bring Me To Life
- R Kelly - Ignition Remix
- Busta Rhymes & Mariah Carey featuring The Flipmode Squad - I Know What You Want
- Say Goodbye / Love Ain't Gonna Wait For You - S Club
- XTM & DJ Chucky Presents Annia - Fly On The Wings Of Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?