Monday 2 November 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Wishing Ring: An Idyll of Old England, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1914!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1914 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Johnny Meer: American baseball player and manager (d. 1997).
- Johnny Vander Meer: baseball player (d. 1997).
- Antoine Casenobe: French aviator, a flying ace in World War II having won 7 victories in aerial combat.
- Ray Walston: American actor who became most noted for the TV sitcom series "My Favorite Martian.
- Great Britain annexes Cyprus
- V Herbert and H Blossoms Only Girl, premieres in New York City
- Russia declares war on the Ottoman Empire.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You're More Than the World to Me - Manuel Romain
- The Old Homestead - Prince's Orchestra
- Dear Love Days - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell & Will Oakland
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 November 1914 and get them!