Monday 2 November 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Wishing Ring: An Idyll of Old England, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1914!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1914 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Johnny Meer: American baseball player and manager (d. 1997).
- Johnny Vander Meer: baseball player (d. 1997).
- Antoine Casenobe: French aviator, a flying ace in World War II having won 7 victories in aerial combat.
- Ray Walston: American actor who became most noted for the TV sitcom series "My Favorite Martian.
- Great Britain annexes Cyprus
- V Herbert and H Blossoms Only Girl, premieres in New York City
- Russia declares war on the Ottoman Empire.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You're More Than the World to Me - Manuel Romain
- The Old Homestead - Prince's Orchestra
- Dear Love Days - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell & Will Oakland
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?