Saturday 7 November 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Tillie's Punctured Romance, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1914!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1914 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jean Cluseau-Lanauve: France Painter.
- Archie Campbell: American actor singer and screenwriter (d. 1987).
- R Lafferty: American soldier engineer and author (d. 2002).
- R[aphael] A[loysius] Lafferty: United States -- Sci-fi author (Devil is Dead).
- Japan attack German concession on Chinese peninsula of Shanghai
- The first issue of The New Republic magazine is published.
- The German colony of Kiaochow Bay and its centre at Tsingtao are captured by Japanese forces.
- The Japanese seize Jiaozhou Bay in China, the base of the German East Asia Squadron.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Want to Go Back to Michigan (Down on the Farm) - Elida Morris
- Memphis Blues - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?