Sunday 3 January 1982
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Don't You Want Me by The Human League was in the top 5 hits.
Neighbors, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1982!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1982 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
- Rod Stewart - Young Turks
- Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Stevie Nicks - Leather And Lace
- Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
- Lindsey Buckingham - Trouble
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Bucks Fizz - The Land Of Make Believe
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Cliff Richard - Daddy's Home
- Kool & The Gang - Get Down On It
- Julio Iglesias - Begin The Beguine (Volver A Empezar)
- Adam & The Ants - Ant Rap
- Abba - One Of Us
- Shakin' Stevens - Oh Julie
- Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?