Thursday 3 May 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Invisible Thief, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1906.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1906 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Anna E Roosevelt: American radio personality, daughter of Franklin Delano Roosevelt (d. 1975).
- Mary Astor Quincy Illinois: actress (Maltese Falcon, Dinky, Across the Pacific).
- Mary Astor: American actress, on-screen from 1920.
- Jean Desbordes: French poet and writer.
- René Huyghe: French writer on the history, psychology and philosophy of art.
- Anna Roosevelt: American political family, the first and only daughter of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt. After two difficult marriages, she settled in upstate New York with her third husband, where she lived quietly (by Roosevelt standards) and had a career in public relations. She was also the author of children's books.
- Pierre Vilar: French historian who specialized in the history of Catalonia and hispanism. He is considered one of the most authoritative 20th-century historians for the history of Spain, for both the Ancien Régime and modern history. He and Jaume Vicens Vives were among the most influential historians of Catalonia.
- Rene Huyghe: France Writer
- Anna Halsted: American journalist and author (d. 1975)
- Enrique Laguerre: Puerto Rican journalist author and playwright (d. 2005)
- British-controlled Egypt takes Sinai peninsula from Turkey.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- On an Automobile Afternoon - Harry Tally
- If a Girl Like You Loved a Boy Like Me - Harry Macdonough
- When the Mocking Birds are Singing in the Wildwood - Harry Macdonough
- Just a Little rocking Chair and You - Billy Murray
- When You and I Were Young, Maggie - Richard Jose
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?