Monday 3 May 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Make Way for Tomorrow, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1937 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Nelida Pinon: Brazilian writer.
- Nélida Piñon: Brazilian writer, born to Galician immigrants.
- Frankie Valli [Castelluccio] in Newark: New Jersey, USA; singer (Four Seasons - "Sherry").
- Margaret Mitchell wins Pulitzer Prize for Gone With the Wind
- Gone with the Wind, a novel by Margaret Mitchell, wins the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?