Monday 10 May 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Captains Courageous, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1937!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1937 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Arthur Kopit: United States -- Playwright (Day Whores Came Out to Play Tennis).
- Jean Houston: American psychologist and author who was a top figure in humanistic psychology and research in the '70s.
- Tamara Press: USSR -- Shot putter / discus thrower (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jim Hickman baseball player (New York Mets: Brooklyn Dodgers, Chicago Cubs).
- William Tedmarsh: English-born silent movie actor (Born 1876).
- Busmen strike in London
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?