Monday 24 May 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Kid Galahad, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1937!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1937 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Timothy Brown: American football player and actor.
- Roger Peterson: pilot who drove the plane on The Day the Music Died (d. 1959).
- Archie Shepp: American saxophonist and composer.
- Maryv Dupureur-Samson: .
- Robert Burt: American chemical engineer, marketing economist and CEO of FMC Gold, the nation's lowest cost gold producer.
- Brunella Tocci: Italian Beauty Queen and TV newscaster. Crowned "Miss Italia" in 1955, she became a hostess of a musical show and a newscaster on TV.
- Maryvonne Dupureur: French trach and field athlete, middle distance runner, she won a silver medal at the 1964 Olympics in the 800m event.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?