Thursday 13 May 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Captains Courageous, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1937!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1937 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Zohra Lampert in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Doctor's Hospital).
- Trevor Baylis: English inventor invented the wind-up radio.
- Roch Carrier: Canadian librarian and author.
- John Cope: Baron Cope of Berkeley English accountant and politician Treasurer of the Household.
- Zohra Lampert: American actress.
- Roger [Joseph] Zelazny: Sci-fi author (6 Hugos, Chronicles of Amber)
- Roger Zelazny: American science-fiction and fantasy writer who became a regular contributor to sci-fi magazines since 1962. He was the author of more than 50 stories including "Damnation Alley," 1967, "Creators of Light," 1968 and "Lord of Light, 1968, which won the Hugo Award for best novel. Zelazny held a variety of jobs from fencing instructor to that of Nike missile crewman.
- Judith Somogi in New York City: New York, USA; conductor (Frankfurt Opera-1982).
- Ekaterina Geladze: Georgian mother of Joseph Stalin (Born 1858).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?