Thursday 27 May 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Klein and Allan Carr.
Kid Galahad, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Sports Review.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1937!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1937 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Gérard Klein: French science fiction writer, economist by profession, known also as Gilles d'Argyre.
- Allan Carr: American film producer and writer (d. 1999).
- Golden Gate Bridge, SF, dedicated
- In California, the Golden Gate Bridge officially opens to pedestrian traffic. The bridge is the world's longest span to date, between San Francisco and Marin County.
- Carl Hubbell wins his 24th consecutive game (since July 17, 1936).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 May 1937
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?