Monday 3 October 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yekaterina Aleksandrowna Ivanova and J P Dutta.
The Heiress, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1949!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1949 ?
- Yekaterina Aleksandrowna Ivanova: Russian Cosmonaut (Soyuz T-15A).
- J P Dutta: Indian Bollywood film director.
- Nancy Bleiweiss: American comedienne with a mobile face and blue, saucer-shaped eyes.
- Lindsey Buckingham: Guitarist, producer, songwriter and singer with Fleetwood Mac, known for his unique finger-picking playing style.
- Éric Loizeau: French sailor and mountain climber nicknamed "Captain" (French: 'Le Captain').
- Svika Pick: Israeli pop singer and composer.
- Jean-Claude Skrela: French rugby player and member of the French rugby team 1999 A wing forward, he became France’s national coach and resigned on 11/15/1999.
- Chris Westlund: Set decorator, worked on television productions and in feature films from 1979 to 1987.
- Joey Arias: Performance Artist
- J Dutta: Indian director producer and screenwriter
- Aleksandr Rogozhkin: Russian director and screenwriter
- Laurie Simmons: American photographer and director
- WERD, 1st black-owned radio station, opens in Atlanta
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?