Saturday 22 October 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Passport to Pimlico, directed by Henry Cornelius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1949!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1949 ?
- Yves-Marie Verove: .
- Vasilios Magginas: Greek politician Greek Minister of Employment (d. 2015).
- Manfred Trojahn: German flute player composer and conductor.
- Manfred Burgsmuller: WLAF kicker (Rhein Fire).
- Arsene Wenger: French football manager.
- Arsène Wenger: French soccer manager of the Arsenal Football Club that had been founded on 12/25/1886, Woolwich, England. Wenger is a pleasant but exacting taskmaster, nicknamed The Professor and named manager in October 1996. His abomination of honesty, thoughtfulness and wry humor won over the team from the first. Under this, he is a steely perfectionist with an obsession for detail.
- John Norquist: American politician, the 37th mayor of Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1988. Norquist is the author of "The Wealth of Cities," 1998.
- Stiv Bators: American punk rock vocalist and guitarist. He is best remembered for his bands, The Dead Boys and The Lords of the New Church.
- Emile Zatopek runs world record 10,000m (29:21.2)
- 200 killed in train derailment near Nowy Dwor, Poland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?