Saturday 22 October 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Manfred Burgsmuller and Stiv Bators.
Passport to Pimlico, directed by Henry Cornelius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Plainclothesman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1949!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1949 ?
- Manfred Burgsmuller: WLAF kicker (Rhein Fire).
- Stiv Bators: American punk rock vocalist and guitarist.
- John Norquist: American politician, the 37th mayor of Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1988.
- Arsène Wenger: French soccer manager of the Arsenal Football Club that had been founded on 12/25/1886, Woolwich, England.
- Yves-Marie Verove: .
- Arsene Wenger: French football manager
- Vasilios Magginas: Greek politician Greek Minister of Employment (d. 2015)
- Manfred Trojahn: German flute player composer and conductor
- Emile Zatopek runs world record 10,000m (29:21.2)
- 200 killed in train derailment near Nowy Dwor, Poland.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?