Sunday 2 October 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Hell [Richard Myers] and Odis Allison.
The Heiress, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1949!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1949 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Richard Hell [Richard Myers]: Lexington, Kentucky -- Rock bassist (Television).
- Odis Allison: American athlete, played pro basketball in 1971 for one season.
- Greg Pryor: American baseball player, a right-handed infielder who played with the Texas Rangers (1976), Chicago White Sox (1978–81), and the Kansas City Royals (1982–86).
- Richard Hell: American singer-songwriter and bass player (Television Neon Boys The Heartbreakers and Dim Stars).
- Annie Leibovitz: American photographer.
- St. Louis Browns use 9 pitchers, lose to Whites Sox 4-3
- Yanks and Red Sox, tied for 1st place, play final game of season. Yanks win 5-3 and clinch pennant #16
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?