Thursday 3 November 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roswitha Krause and Michael Evans in Salisbury.
Battleground, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Herb Shriner Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1949!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1949 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Roswitha Krause: USSR -- 4 X 100m swimmer (1968 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Michael Evans in Salisbury: North Carolina, USA; actor (Lionel - All in the Family).
- James Lewis: American astrologer, the author of a Directory of Astrologers.
- Anna Wintour: British-American editor-in-chief of the US edition of Vogue magazine since 1988.
- Mike Evans: American actor and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- Osamu Fujimura: Japanese engineer and politician
- Stephen Oliver: English biochemist and academic
- Larry Holmes: American boxer and talk show host
- Solomon R Guggenheim: US art collector, dies at 88.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Cocoanuts - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?