Thursday 4 July 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Stolen Life, directed by Curtis Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1946 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Sam Hunt: Poet.
- Pearly Gates: American soul singer and member of girl group The Flirtations.
- Michael Milken in Los Angeles: California, USA; partner (International Capital Access Group).
- Ron Kovic: American Vietnam veteran and hero of the 1990 film "Born on the Fourth of July," which detailed his experiences during and after the war.
- Tish Howard: Playmate (July, 1966).
- Michael Milken: American stockbroker who made a fortune, $550 million in 1987 alone, through insider trading as a junk-bond king. A biography of his life has been written entitled "Highly Confident: The Crime And Punishment Of Michael Milken." In 1989 he was indicted on 98 counts of racketeering and securities fraud. In April 1990 he pleaded guilty to six felonies, including illegally concealing stock positions, helping clients evade income taxes and a conspiracy, involving secret record-keeping with stock spec
- Ed O'Ross: American actor
- Anti Jewish riots in Kielce Poland, 42 die
- Philippines gains independence from US
- The Philippines gain independence from the USA.
- After 381 years of near-continuous colonial rule by various powers, the Philippines attains full independence from the United States.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?