Saturday 27 July 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gwynne Gilford and Ricardo Anasagasti [Ricardo M Meul].
Black Angel, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1946 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Gwynne Gilford: Los Angeles, California -- Actress (Linda Harris-Waverly Wonders).
- Ricardo Anasagasti [Ricardo M Meul]: Dancer / actor.
- Toktar Ongarbajewitch Aubakirov: Kazakhstan -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-13).
- Rade Serbedzija: Croatian actor.
- Peter Reading: English poet and author (d. 2011).
- Rade Šerbedžija: Croatian actor and director
- Gertrude Stein: American writer, a novelist and playwright whose works include "Three Lives," 1908 a biography, "Alice B. Toklas," 1933 and an autobiography, "Everybody's Autobiography," 1937.
- Boston Red Sox Rudy York hits 2 grand slams in 1 game, gets 10 RBIs
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?