Tuesday 23 July 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Strange Love of Martha Ivers, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1946 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Andy Mackay: English oboe player and composer (Roxy Music).
- René Ricard: American poet painter and critic (d. 2014).
- John Lennox: American film producer, a talented TV producer of many hit shows including "Laverne and Shirley," "Bustin' Loose" and "Happy Days.
- Andy MacKay: London, England -- Rock sax / oboe (Roxy Music-Dance Away).
- Keith Ferguson: Blues guy (Fabulous Thunderbirds).
- James Maxton: Scottish politician, a left-wing socialist and attractive parliamentary speaker.
- Menachem Begins opposition group bombs King David Hotel
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Who Do You Love I Hope - Elliot Lawrence & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?