Tuesday 4 March 1980
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen.
In UK Too Much Too Young (The Special AKA Live! EP) by The Specials was in the top 5 hits.
Coal Miner's Daughter, directed by Michael Apted, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Princess Daisy by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1980!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1980 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Omar Bravo: Soccer Player.
- Jung Da Bin: South Korean actress (d. 2007).
- Alex Ribeiro Garcia: Brazilian professional basketball player.
- Greg Lamb: Zimbabwean cricketer.
- Kamalinee Mukherjee: (Kamalini Mukherjee) Indian film actress.
- Rohan Bopanna: Indian tennis player
- Ben Briand: Australian director and screenwriter
- Jeong Da-bin: South Korean actress (d. 2007)
- Alex Garcia: Brazilian basketball player
- Giedrius Gustas: Lithuanian professional basketball player
- Scott Hamilton: New Zealand rugby union footballer
- Jack Hannahan: American baseball infielder.
- Michael Henrich: American-born ice hockey player
- Arash Markazi: American sportswriter
- Phil McGuire: Scottish football player
- Johannes Martin Bijvoet: Dutch chemist and crystallographer (Born 1892).
- Alan Hardaker: English football administrator (Born 1912).
- J F A McManus: Canadian pathologist (Born 1911).
- Eric Kerfoot: English footballer (Born 1924).
- Luis Piazzini: Argentine chess master (Born 1905).
- 40th hat trick in New York Islanders' history-Mike Bossy.
- Nationalist leader Robert Mugabe wins a sweeping election victory to become Zimbabwe's first black prime minister.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Teri DeSario - Yes, I'm Ready
- Dan Fogelberg - Longer
- Andy Gibb - Desire
- Donna Summer - On The Radio
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- Spinners - Working My Way Back To You/Forgive Me Girl (Medley)
- Rupert Holmes - Him
- Shalamar - The Second Time Around
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?