Tuesday 4 May 1982
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Chariots Of Fire - Titles by Vangelis.
In UK Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Paradise, directed by Stuart Gillard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1982 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Hector King: Mexican singer-songwriter.
- Rasheeda: American hiphop singer.
- Maura Murray: American missing person and presumed dead, the young woman went missing on February 9, 2004, after crashing her new car into a snow bank on a rural highway in northern New Hampshire.
- Kleopas Giannou: Greek footballer.
- Markus Rogan: Austrian swimmer.
- Giorgos Tsiaras: Greek basketball player
- British torpedo boat Sheffield off Falkland hit by Exocet rocket
- Nordiques 2 - Isles 4 - Semifinals - Isles win series 4-0
- Twenty sailors are killed when the British Type 42 destroyer HMS Sheffield is hit by an Argentinian Exocet missile during the Falklands War.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'N Roll
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Titles
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Go-Go's - We Got The Beat
- Charlene - I've Never Been To Me
- The J. Geils Band - Freeze-Frame
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Paul Davis - '65 Love Affair
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Did It In A Minute
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?