Wednesday 12 May 1982
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Thaxton and Darren Williams.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney.
In UK Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Annie, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mysterious Cities of Gold.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bachelor Party or Journey to the Planets.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1982!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1982 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- David Thaxton: British stage actor and singer.
- Darren Williams: American Basketball Player and Business Professional.
- Chloe Sims: Reality Star.
- Humphrey Searle: England, United Kingdom -- Writer (20th Century counterpoint).
- In Fatima Portugal, a Spanish priest with a bayonet is stopped prior to his attempt to attack Pope John Paul II
- Pulitzer prize awarded to John Updike (Rabbit is Rich)
- US Football League forms.
- During a procession outside the shrine of the Virgin Mary in Fatima, Portugal, security guards overpower Juan Fernandez Krohn before he can attack Pope John Paul II with a bayonet. Krohn, an ultraconservative Spanish priest opposed to the Vatican II reforms, believed that the Pope had to be killed for being an ''agent of Moscow''.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 May 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Titles
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'N Roll
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Charlene - I've Never Been To Me
- Paul Davis - '65 Love Affair
- The J. Geils Band - Freeze-Frame
- Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Did It In A Minute
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?