Saturday 15 May 1982
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alex Breckenridge and Anya Garnis.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney.
In UK Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, directed by Carl Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mysterious Cities of Gold.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomb Squad or Haunted House.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1982!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1982 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Alex Breckenridge: American actress.
- Anya Garnis: Dancer.
- Alexandra Breckenridge: TV Actress.
- Veronica Campbell-Brown: Jamaican sprinter.
- Segundo Castillo: Ecuadorian footballer.
- Bradford Cox: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Deerhunter)
- Tatsuya Fujiwara: Japanese actor
- Rafael Pérez: Dominican baseball player
- Jessica Sutta: American singer-songwriter dancer and actress (The Pussycat Dolls)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Titles
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'N Roll
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Charlene - I've Never Been To Me
- Paul Davis - '65 Love Affair
- The J. Geils Band - Freeze-Frame
- Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Did It In A Minute
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?