Saturday 8 May 1982
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Buakaw Por Pramuk and Adrian Gonzalez.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Chariots Of Fire - Titles by Vangelis.
In UK Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Conan the Barbarian, directed by John Milius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mysterious Cities of Gold.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atlantis or Kangaroo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1982 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Buakaw Por Pramuk: Thai Muaythai kickboxer.
- Adrian Gonzalez: American baseball player.
- Buakaw Banchamek: Thai kick-boxer.
- Christina Cole: English actress.
- Ninja Sarasalo: Finnish model and singer.
- Canucks 5-Isles 6 (OT) - Stanley Cup - Isles hold 1-0 lead
- Spanish priest Juan María Fernández y Krohn tries to stab Pope John Paul II with a bayonet during the latter's pilgrimage to the shrine at Fatima.
- Braniff International Airways is declared bankrupt and ceases all flights.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Titles
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'N Roll
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- The J. Geils Band - Freeze-Frame
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Go-Go's - We Got The Beat
- Paul Davis - '65 Love Affair
- Charlene - I've Never Been To Me
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Did It In A Minute
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?