Monday 17 May 1982
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tony Parker and Kaye Abad.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney.
In UK Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, directed by Carl Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mysterious Cities of Gold.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gridrunner or Snake Byte.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1982!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1982 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Tony Parker: Belgian-born basketball player, his American father playing basketball moved to France when Tony was 3 months, and his mother was a Dutch model, Pamela Firestone.
- Kaye Abad: American-Filipino actress and singer.
- Matt Cassel: American football player.
- Dan Hardy: English mixed martial artist.
- Reiko Nakamura: Japanese swimmer.
- Chloe Smith: English politician
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 May 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Charlene - I've Never Been To Me
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
- Paul Davis - '65 Love Affair
- Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Titles
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Did It In A Minute
- Kool & The Gang - Get Down On It
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?