Thursday 5 August 1976
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John.
In UK Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John & Kiki Dee was in the top 5 hits.
Obsession, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1976!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1976 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Germain Wattamaleo: Soccer player (Sparta).
- Marian Pahars: Latvian footballer.
- Jeff Friesen: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Marians Pahars: Latvian footballer and manager.
- Kwon Sang-woo: South Korean actor.
- Eugen Trică: Romanian footballer and manager
- Adrian Roland Holst: Poet (Past the Roads), dies at 88.
- The Great Clock of Westminster (or Big Ben) suffers internal damage and stops running for over nine months.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
- Gary Wright - Love Is Alive
- Starbuck - Moonlight Feels Right
- Wings - Let 'Em In
- Bee Gees - You Should Be Dancing
- The Beach Boys - Rock And Roll Music
- The Beatles - Got To Get You Into My Life
- The Manhattans - Kiss And Say Goodbye
- Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine
- Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?