Friday 5 February 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cocky van Oost [Kommertje van Vliet] and Stuart Damon in Brooklyn.
You Only Live Once, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Cook's Night Out.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1937!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1937 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Cocky van Oost [Kommertje van Vliet]: Dutch dancer (Sylphides).
- Stuart Damon in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Alan Quartermaine - General Hospital).
- Philippe Fouchard: French lawyer and consultant in international trade law.
- Gaston Roelants: Dutch field and track star, the winner of a Gold Medal at the Tokyo Olympics 1964 for the 3000 m. steeplechase.
- Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert: German television journalist.
- Stuart Damon: American actor and singer
- Larry Hillman: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Alar Toomre: Estonian-American astronomer and mathematician
- Wang Xuan: Chinese computer scientist and academic (d. 2006)
- Lou Andreas-Salome: Russian-born writer (Born 1861).
- 1st Charlie Chaplin talkie, Modern Times, released
- FDR proposes enlarging Supreme Court, court packing plan failed
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt proposes a plan to enlarge the Supreme Court of the United States.
- First Charlie Chaplin talkie film, Modern Times, is released to theaters.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?