Thursday 4 February 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Collin Wilcox in Highlands and Magnar Solberg.
You Only Live Once, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Cook's Night Out.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1937!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1937 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Collin Wilcox in Highlands: North Carolina, USA; actor (To Kill a Mocking Bird).
- Magnar Solberg: Norway -- 20K biathalete (1968, 72 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jean-Pierre Bastid: French writer, director and screenwriter.
- John Devitt: Australia -- 100m freestyle swimmer (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- David Newman: American director and screenwriter (d. 2003).
- Jim Margie, Philadelphia Pennsylvania, bowls 900 in three (unsanctioned) games.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 February 1937
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?